As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as Cox or Comcast), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We may also use third party advertisements on www.educationcongo.org to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing Arizona ads to someone in Arizona, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing computer support ads to someone who frequents computer support sites).
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
We only collect personal information about you when you specifically and knowingly provide it on our web site or to our representatives via telephone. If you request information you will be asked to provide personal information. This information may include your:
- telephone and fax numbers
- email address
- credit card information, and
- information about designations of donations
EC only collects and uses your information for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain a responsible philanthropic relationship with you and to provide ongoing service. For example, when you make a Donation online, we collect information that allows us to confirm your identity and credit history so that we can accurately bill and collect payment for the Donation.
- To understand your needs and preferences. For example, we maintain a record of the donations you make to us, and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we analyze how our donors and visitors use our products and services, so that we can understand how to improve them. From time to time, we may review and analyze your use of our products and services to help us provide better product recommendations and special offers that we think will interest you.
- To manage and develop our business and operations. For example, we analyze donor and visitor usage of our networks and facilities to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements. For example, we may collect information in response to a court order.
There are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose some personal information about you. Here are some examples:
We may disclose your personal information to:
- A person who, in the reasonable judgment of EC, is seeking the information as your agent. For example, we may provide information about your account to your legal representative if we are satisfied that that individual is requesting the information on your behalf.
- EC's contractors to help us serve you better and provide you with services.
- A company or individual employed by EC to perform functions on our behalf, such as research or data processing.
- An agent used by EC to evaluate your credit worthiness or to collect your account.
- A credit reporting agency.
- A public authority, agent of a public authority or law enforcement agency.
ANY DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO A THIRD PARTY IS CONFIDENTIAL AND THE INFORMATION SHALL BE USED ONLY FOR THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH IT WAS DISCLOSED.
The account or membership information you provide when registering with us is stored in our secure databases as long as you are a donor or visitor of EC. You must notify EC if you no longer want your information to be retained by us. If you contact us with a question or comment, any information identifying you is only kept long enough for us to provide you with a response, unless we are required to keep it for a longer period of time.
Please note that it may be impossible to delete your information completely without some residual information remaining in our databases.
- One Each uses a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Server Certificate.
- One Each servers that are protected by firewalls, which are frequently updated to enhance security.
- One Each protects the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other companies.
- One Each strives to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
- One Each uses other appropriate security safeguards with respect to its databases, computer networks and systems, and
- One Each will honor any request we may make for access to your personal information.
EC relies on the accuracy of the information provided by you, but accepts responsibility for the management and confidentiality of the personal information it collects. Please contact our Information Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- Change or confirm your personal information.
- Have your information removed from our databases, or
- Speak to someone about EC's information-handling practices.