Education Congo envisions a Strong Congo through Education. We are here to increase access to and the quality of higher education through scholarships and institutional support. Established in 1998 as a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Education Congo is comprised of loyal supporters from a variety of business, church, education, healthcare and philanthropic backgrounds, whose mission is to support and raise awareness for projects in Congo. We work to provide scholarships and raise funds to support programs aimed at enhancing the quality of higher education. The founders of Education Congo have seen the youth of Congo become the next generation of leaders.
Board of Directors
- Bruno W. Baerg, International Development and Leadership Consultant, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Dr. Douglas Cardwell (Executive Director - pro bono), Professor (ret), Winston Salem, NC
- Dr. Cynthia Decker, NOAA Science Advisory Board, Washington, D.C.
- Ronny R. Farmer (Board Treasurer), CPA, Lamar, CO
- Amini Kajunju, Executive Director, International University of Grand-Bassam Foundation, New York, NY
- Mimi Kanda (Board Vice-Chair), MD, Senior Advisor, Dikembe Mutombo Foundation, Washington, D.C.
- Phil Kliewer (Board Secretary), Air Cargo industry (ret), Fresno, CA
- Margaret J. Loewen, MD, Physician, Lamar, CO
- Dr. Noah McMillan, Engineer, Kingsport, TN
- Elizabeth Naegele, Professor, Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, IL
- Ernest E. Ross (Board Chairman), Consultant, Mechanical Engineering, Billings, MT
- James Shafe, CEO, Career Training Concepts, Atlanta, GA
- Eva Bowers Shay, DO, William Carey University, Hattiesburg, MS
- Jack Spencer, Dr.PH (honoris causa), International Public Health Consultant (ret), Gainesville, GA
- Julie Neitz Wielga, Director, Partners in Literacy, Denver, CO
- Dr. Paul A. Williams, Professor, University of Nebraska, Omaha, NE
Council of Advisors
- Dr. Alden Almquist, Library of Congress (ret), Washington, D.C.
- Linda James, Development Consultant, Kinshasa, DRC
- Dr. E. Georges Bokamba, Professor, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL
- Dr. Carol A. Heimer, Professor, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- Louis T. Kanda, MD, Cardiologist (ret), Washington, D.C.
- Cleda J. Locey, Moderator (church-wide) of Presbyterian Women, Teacher (ret)
- Dr. Melvin J. Loewen, Director (ret) UPC, Goshen, IN
- Dr. Elsie McKee, Professor, Princeton Theological Seminary, Princeton, NJ
- Dr. Larry Sthreshley, PCUSA Missionary to Congo in Public Health, Kinshasa, DRC
- Anne H. Zolnor, Healthcare Consultant, Ponte Vedra, FL